1. Unknown Confederate Dead Monument, 5 unknown Confederate Soldiers resting in this spot. These Soldiers died in transit from Sabine Pass, TX. To a Confederate Fort and supply base named “Camp Pleasant”, located at Niblett Bluff, LA. They probably died of yellow fever. At the time of their death and interment here their names WERE known, but….a fire destroyed the records. NOW…their names are only known to the “SUPREME COMMANDER” above. Many more unknown Confederate dead are resting here in Evergreen Cemetery…their grave markers gone or never marked; or forgotten by their descendants.
2. J. S. ANDERSON, Co. E, Spaights Reg., Dismounted Cavalry.
3. DAVID BLAND, Co. B, 4th Reg., TX Cavalry, “Greens Brigade”.
4. DR. SAMUEL BROWN, Surgeon
5. DENNIS CALL, Merriman’s Orange County Coast Guard.
6. ALANSON T. CHENAULT, Co. D, 36th Reg. TX Cavalry.
7. STEVEN CHENAULT, Co. E, 8th Reg. TX Cavalry.
8. C. P. CHILDERS, Co. G, 13th TX Cavalry.
9. FRANCES COOPER, Co. F, Ragsdale’s Company of Daileys Regiment.
10. P. B. CURRY, Co. B, 1st Reg. Heavy Artillery.
11. Henry T. Davis
12. C. A. GUNSTREAM, Co. H, 1st Reg. TX Partisan Rangers.
13. JAMES HENRY HANNA, Co. G, 21st TX. Cavalry, Carson’s Brigade.
14. ROLAND HOLCOMB, Co. H, 26th Reg., Alabama Infantry.
15. REVEREND L. C. KELLIS, Co. H, Yeagers Reg., Mississippi Cavalry.
16. W. J. LEWIS, Co. A, A. W. Spaights Reg, TX Cavalry.
17. SAMUEL LIVINGSTON, Merrimans Orange County Coast Guard.
18. WALTER F. MOSS, Co. K, 10th Reg. Louisiana Infantry.
19. HUGH OCHILTREE, Blockade Runner.
20. FERDINAND J. PAVELL, Co. I, 13th TX. Vol. Cavalry.
21. Z.C. PHILLIPS, Co. C, 28th Reg. Cavalry.
22. ROBERT RUSSELL, Postmaster of Orange, C.S.A.
23. R. E. RUSSELL, Mail Carrier from Niblets Bluff to Orange
24. H. M. RUSSELL, Co. B, 4th Reg. TX. Cavalry.
25. JAMES B. SEARGENT, Co. H, TX. Infantry.
26. EBERLE SWINFORD, Co. E, Spaights Battalion.
27. JEROME SWINFORD, Co. A, Likens Reg. Cavalry, later dismounted.
28. BRAZILLIA WILLEY, Co. K, 12th Tennessee Cavalry.
29. W. R. ANDERSON, Co. F, 13th TX. Cavalry
30. IRVIN H. BETTIS, Special Services of the Marines, C. S. A.
31. W. R. BOLIN, Co. A, Spaights Battalion Infantry
32. DR. DAVID C. HEWSON, General Staff & Surgeon, Co. G, 21st TX. Cavalry
33. JULES W. JACKSON, Co A, 11th TX. Cavalry
34. CAPT. W. H. LANCASTER, 2nd Co. D, 13th TX.
35. J. A. PINKSTON, Co. B, 4th TX. Cavalry
36. J. O. SIMS
37. B. H. (OR) R. H. SMITH, Ship Captain, Marine Dept.
38. W. D. STREET, Co I, 19th Mississippi Infantry
39. J. M. WARD
40. J. M. WILSON
41. J. J. WINDHAM, Co. K, 33rd Reg. Alabama Infantry
42. DAVID ROBERT WINGATE, Supplied lumber for the Confederacy
43. ROBERT P. WINGATE, Co. A, Terry’s TX. Rangers, Reg. "Scouts"
44. "UNKNOWN CONFEDERATE DEAD" MARKER, five unknown Confederate Soldiers resting here.
45. GEORGE FOREMAN, Co. G, 21st Reg. TX. Cavalry
46. CHARLES GOODMAN, Co. G, 13th TX. Dismounted Cavalry
47. JOSEPH HARMON HUDNALL, (New Marker Dedication), Co. A, 25th Louisiana Infantry
48. G.Z. JOHNSON
49. JOSEPH H. JONES, (NEW), “Sergeant”, Company “G”, 13th “Texas Volunteers”, “Cavalry”, C.S.A.
50. C. H. MIMITS
51. J.C. PARKHURST
52. CHARLES H. SAXON SR., Co. B, 4th Reg. TX. Cavalry
53. DR. SAMUEL WALLACE SHOLARS, Co I, 1st Lanes Reg., TX. Cavalry. 54. JOHN WILSON
55. OLIVER BLAND, Co. H, Burnetts Regiment Infantry
56. C.F. BLOCK, 13th Texas Volunteer 4th Co. I
57. JOHN BURTON, Co. H, 16th Regiment Louisiana (St. Helena Rebels)
58. JOHN .P. EDDLEMAN Co. K, 6th Louisiana Cavalry
59. ALEXANDER GILMER, Blockade Runner for Cotton and Lumber
60. C.H. GRUBBS, Co. A, 2nd Regiment Arkansas Cavalry
61. JOHN MERRIMAN, Orange County Coast Guard
62. THOMAS B. MERRIMAN, Co. G, 21st Cavalry
63. H. D. SELLS, Co. C, 25th Regiment Texas Cavalry
64. J. T. STARK, Co. H, 13th Texas Infantry
65. ADAM STEWART, Co. E, Spaights Texas
66. JOSHUA P. TATUM, Co. F, 2nd Regiment Louisiana Infantry
67. JOHN A.WEST
68. PETER REESE EVERETT, Co. D, 8th Virginia Cavalry
69. J.W. GRIFFIN, Co. F, 15th Regiment Texas Infantry (Spaights Battalion)
70. E. H. HATCH, Co. G, Texas Cavalry Benavides Regiment
71. LEVY S. HATCH
72. W. G. KING, Co. B, 15th Texas Cavalry.
ACROSS THE STREET ON JACKSON STREET:
73. CAPTAIN J. J. JORDAN
74. NATHANIEL BURTON, (NEW), “Private”, Company “K”, 19th Regiment “Mississippi Volunteers”, C.S.A.
75. JOSEPH B. PEVETO, Co. I, 13th Texas Cavalry Burnett’s Regiment
DR. JAMES SAUNDERS, GEORGE RIGGS, Co. H, 26th Infantry Indiana Volunteer
Submitted by:Allen Connel
SCV, Walter P Lane Camp #1745, Orange Texas.
Texans in the
The General Store